St Lucia Yacht Charter Information
The following information on St Lucia is helpful to anyone planning a trip there. If chartering a yacht to St Lucia your yacht charter broker will review all the details of your trip with you and ensure you are fully prepared.
St. Lucia is a beautiful island, and you’re sure to find just the right vacation spot once you arrive. However, getting to this island leaves travelers with plenty of options.
Much travel is directed to St Lucia by popular airlines. Whether you enter at the northern George Charles (Vigie) Airport, located near Castries, or the Hewanorra International Airport in the south, you’ll have to make your way to your final destination. Some choose to fly via helicopter from Hewanorra to Castries, while others take a ferry. Those who want to make their travel an adventure, or an island-hopping experience, can fly into nearby islands, like Martinique, and catch a ferry to St. Lucia.
Those who want to turn their travel into their vacation can also choose a sea-based route. You can set your own course when you choose to visit St. Lucia by yacht. There are several ports of entry around the island, so vacationers can customize their arrival and departure.
On a St Lucia yacht charter vacation, arranged by BVI & Caribbean Yacht Charters, your sailing literary will be fully discussed and prepared by you, your yacht broker, and captain.
No matter what way you choose to reach St. Lucia, you’re sure to find a tropical paradise like no other when you arrive.
- Currency: Legal tender on St. Lucia is the Eastern Caribbean dollar (EC), but US dollars are widely accepted.
- Driving: Driving in St. Lucia is on the left.
- Entry Requirements: Entry requirements vary for each destination, it is your responsibility to verify you have the correct documents prior to travel. A valid passport is required for travel to St. Lucia.
- Language: The official language of St. Lucia is English, but many residents speak a local patois heavily infused with French.
- Time Zone: St. Lucia is on Atlantic Standard Time, one hour ahead of Eastern Standard Time and four hours behind Greenwich Mean Time.
For more Information on St Lucia contact BVI & Caribbean Yacht Charters at (321) 777-1707