Lagoon Catamarans Offer Beautiful Designs for Charters
From their beginning in 1984, Lagoon Catamarans have worked with some of the sailing industry’s top designers. Originally created as a subsidiary of Jeanneau Technologies Avancées (JTA) famous for their single-hull and multihull off-shore racing boats as well as their trimarans built specifically for the film, Waterworld, Lagoon Catamarans have consistently worked to make advancements in both form and function.
Naval architects VPLP (Marc Van Peteghem-Vincent Lauriot Prevost) first designed the Lagoon 55, a design so impressive Lagoon has continued with VPLP through the present day. From this first design, the Lagoon 47, Lagoon 57, and Lagoon 67 soon flowed and shortly after the Lagoon 37 and the Lagoon 42, which were designed specifically for charter cruising.
Now part of CNB, a company specializing in luxury yachts of all varieties, Lagoon continues their commitment to innovation from aesthetic design that guests might enjoy to maneuverability that seasoned yachters will appreciate. They are currently the largest production catamaran manufacturers worldwide. Most recently, Lagoon Catamarans have been recognized as the 2014 “Best Boat” by Sail Magazine for the Lagoon 39. Lagoon Catamarans also made news as the Lagoon 440 won at the Catamarans Cup in Athens last year.
The release of the redesigned Lagoon 52 included many sailing improvements, but it’s the redesign of the interior that first captures the charter guests’ attention. “Our main objective has been to improve the use of space, providing sober, bright, and comfortable living spaces, to suggest the ‘just like home’ feeling for the owner and the guests on board. The use of continuous horizontal lines without interruption gives the interior more fluent and harmonious open spaces.” (Cata-Lagoon, Brochure Lagoon 52) Lagoon achieves this goal through the open saloon design and fixed hull windows.
Lagoon also added a new layout available for their Lagoon 39, now offering a 4 double cabin, 4 washroom layout which was previously unheard of in a 39’ catamaran. In addition to the interior advancements, Lagoon also moved the mast further aft in an effort to reduce pitching and effort while offering more downwind sailing options (Yachting World, Nov. 2013).
For this attention to detail and design, Lagoon Catamarans are very popular among luxury charter yachts, as these boats demonstrate:
- Marmot (Lagoon 67): Sleeps 8 Guests in 2 Queen(s), 1 Double(s), 1 Twin(s). Marmot has an airy covered cockpit, large lounging area, and spacious, comfortable bedrooms. Enjoy waterskiing, tubing, snorkeling and kayaking in the British Virgin Islands with this experienced crew.
- Avalon (Lagoon 620): Sleeps 8 Guests in 4 Queen(s). Avalon represents the latest in innovation from Lagoon. Five spacious queen-berth guests suites, all en-suite, an open and airy saloon with a nearly 360 degree view, and a wide flybridge all come together to create floating elegance, style and utility. Combine these excellent design factors with an outstanding and excellent crew and you find Avalon, a little bit of chartering heaven, floating in the British Virgin Islands.
- Lady Katlo (Lagoon 620): Sleeps 6 Guests in 3 Queen(s). She is the very spacious luxury owner’s version with galley down and 3 guest cabins. Lady Katlo offers many unexpected extras to make for an extremely comfortable cruise including well-appointed guest cabins and a huge salon area.
- A2 (Lagoon 560): Sleeps 6 Guests in 3 Queen(s), 1 Twin(s). Bright and modern, luxury yacht A2 captures a perfect vacation in the British Virgin Islands with it’s open feel and beautiful accommodations. Take in all the Caribbean has to offer above water by enjoying the fly bridge or discover the world below while SCUBA diving or snorkeling.
- Katlo (Lagoon 450): Sleeps 6 Guests in 3 Queen(s). Relax in the comfortable, covered cockpit or enjoy the sun on the forward deck and trampolines. At the end of your day paddle boarding, tubing and wake boarding, unwind in the fully air conditioned interior and suites.
To learn more about Lagoon Catamarans available for charter, contact CKIM Group at 321.777.1707.
You make the memories. We make the arrangements.